Thursday, August 23, 2007

Moses McCarley's will 1851

Moses was the son of John:

In the name of God, Amen. I Moses McCarley of the Township of Raccoon Gallia County Ohio Being of sound mind and memory but of feeble health and considering the shortness and uncertainty of this mortal life do make and publish this my last will and testament in manner and form following: That is to say that after all my just debts are fully paid and the expenses of my funeral together with the expenses of settling my estate are satisfied, I give and bequeath to my beloved and affectious wife Sarah McCarley all my personal and real estate of every kind and names of which I am possessed for her use and benefit during the term of her natural life. With the following exceptions, That if my wife Sarah McCarley shall live until my two sons Samuel E. B. McCarley and Hiram L. McCarley shall each become of the age of twenty-one years. Then and in that case it is my will that upon their arrival at the age of twenty-one years respectively they shall have fifty acres of land each. said fifty acres of land to be selected in such manner as can be agreed upon by them and their Mother at such time as they shall each become of the age of twenty-one years.

If anyone would like to read the rest of Moses' will, please leave a comment with your email address and I will email it to you.

3 comments:

Jennifer Lewis said...

Hi Karen, I would love to read the entire will. I am a descendant of Moses' brother William. I am currently researching the Ohio McCarleys.

Karen said...

Jennifer,
I just now today read your comment! Please send me an email at the following address and I will share informatin with you. karen ash689@aol.com

Unknown said...

Please send me the entire will. I am related to the Gallia County McCarleys also. Thanks so much.
Ruth Hall--gennut32@gmail.com