Thursday, August 23, 2007

The first McCarley: John

John was born in 1754 in Pennsylvania


John McCarley came to Gallia County, Ohio in 1804 or 1806, probably from York County, Pennsylvania, via West Virginia. He took patent deed to the west half of section 13, Raccoon Township, Gallia County, Ohio in February 1806, later adding the northeast quarter section 23, Racoon Twp. John died May 17, 1814 at age 60. Among his chattels were three Bibles and a pot-still.


(Source: Gallia County Historical Society-People in History to 1980)

5 comments:

Michelle Hill-Jack said...

Hi Relative, Please contact me. I am attempting to locate infdrmation to extend this line and to extend the "Carr" line. I am willing to pay for copies of your photos and titype if possible. Michelle Hill-Jack

hilltopthuggirl said...

Hello I believe that you are a realitive please contact me in a email. I am hoping you can help me in my search. If this is the same John McCarley then we have much to discuss. Please email me to confirm my thoughts. Thanks Amanda Osterloh [marrried name]

hilltopthuggirl said...

Please email me I think you may be realted to me if this is the same one I have been searching for. I could really use your help. Thanks alot Amanda Osterloh [married name]

Karen said...

Hi Michelle,
Please contact me at ash689@aol.com and we can exchange information. Sorry I didn't see this before! karen

Unknown said...

My line is John b. 1754, William b.1783--John b. 1811--Robert Bailey b. 1849--Myrtle May b. 1887. [my grandmother]

Ruth Hall-gennut32@gmail.com

Web Page--http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~ruthhall/